but the results are rich and delicious.You can play around with the spices, if you like. I have at times used cinnamon or ginger; which also works well. Enjoy!
Spiced Baked Apricots
Ingredients:
2 cups dried apricots
1 teaspoon of cardamom
1 star anise
1 vanilla pod
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
⅔ cups of water
Split the vanilla pod lengthways to ensure all the flavor can come out while cooking. Place all the ingredients into a small sauce pan. Bring to a low simmer for 8 to 10 minutes stirring occasionally
To serve remove the vanilla pod and I like to garnish with the star anise.
Serves 2
You can serve this dessert alone or served with a scoop of plain Greek yogurt or vanilla bean ice cream.
I make this a lot but with pears. I'll have to try it with apricots.
ReplyDeleteI like to do this a lot if apples too, all the options are great
ReplyDeletesometimes simple becomes sensational... even in the presentation.. .... this looks and sounds wonderful George....
ReplyDeleteFwLT, kat, Sophie and BV... thanks
ReplyDeleteA simple dessert can be as simple as a pear, an apple or just a scoop of ice cream with Hershey’s Chocolate Sauce. It is all how they’re presented at the table!
The cardamom and star anise are very nice here -- love a good baked fruit in the autumn. Pears would be sensational prepared this way.
ReplyDeleteNice! I just happen to have dried apricots in the cupboard.
ReplyDeleteLo... Thanks. Pears would be perfect with this combination of spices.
ReplyDeletePam... Thanks and let me know how it turns out.
What a simple but elegant looking dessert! This would be a lovely ending to any meal, George.
ReplyDeleteLynda... Thanks, simple elegance ~ my kind of dessert.
ReplyDeleteI love apricots and the spices you have paired them with are perfect. A wonderful fall dessert.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting me all the way over in East Africa ! I agree with you about desserts - or any meal - not having to be complicated to be tasty .... this looks delicious !
ReplyDeleteDeb... Thanks, after all spices makes of breaks any dish.
ReplyDeleteLynda... I really enjoy your site. It is fun to see what people are eating around the world. Thanks for the comments and hope you try the 'rarebit-rabbit'.
Beautiful presentation. The flavors would dazzle the taste buds!
ReplyDeleteCyndy... Thanks ~ What is great about this dessert, you can use whatever friut or spices that your have on hand.
ReplyDelete