Peanut Butter Chicken Stew
Ingredients:
4 chicken thighs
1 cup roasted red peppers
1 can (14 oz) of plum tomatoes with juice
1 large sweet onion, sliced
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
1 cup chicken broth
4 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter – I favor crunchy
1 tablespoon dried chili flakes
Pre-heat oven to 400 degree F
Wash and pat dry the chicken thighs and place them in a Dutch oven. In a large bowl, mix together all the above ingredients and pour over the chicken.
Cover the pan and bake in the oven for 35 minutes removing the lid for the last 10 minutes to allow the skin to crisp and sauce to thicken.
To serve, spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve with your favorite side dishes.
Serves 4

Hmmm..you have me thinking on the peanut butter. Love chicken satay...I think this just might be very good. Another one to try!!
ReplyDeleteLooks fantastic.. I have never tried anything with peanut butter yet, though I have come across many recipes.. I am weakening and might just give this one a shot.. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteAn interesting combination of flavors - the chicken looks really tasty.
ReplyDeleteThis looks interesting...should give it a try
ReplyDeletehey! I make one similar to this George... I call it Peanutty Chicken on my blog.... ... and I add curry paste, some dried cranberries, a TBSP or so of brown sugar....and I just use boneless skinless chicken thighs ... yummy with mashed.......
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad I found where you live :-). Your chicken sounds fantastic and I haven't met a peanut sauce I didn't enjoy. Yours sounds especially delicious.
ReplyDeleteThe recipes we remember from childhood are so special. I'm a big peanut butter fan so know I will like this yummy recipe.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for visiting my blog. Now I'm going to check out your posts. Lovely blog. I'll be back for sure.
I agree with Cathy that childhood recipes are special. I can still taste some of my grandma's Italian dishes that were so good. Your chicken looks delicious. Never heard of peanut butter in chicken stew before. I'd love to give this a try!
ReplyDeleteLooks yummy and great....
ReplyDeleteYum! This reminds me of some African peanut chicken recipes I've seen
ReplyDeleteOK, this looks amazing and I am book marking it for sure!
ReplyDeleteHey. I must have missed this one. Love the peanut butter. Never used it like this though...in a stew...other than in a 'gravy' with different spicy thai sauces etc. Yummy! This is really cool, George!
ReplyDelete