You will need to marinade the salmon, but you can make marinate the night before and before you go to work pop the salmon into marinate. When you get home, dinner can be on the table in just 15 minutes.
This easy salmon recipe is even impressive enough to serve for your special dinner party. I usually serve it with wild rice and a green leafy vegetable.

Salmon Teriyaki
Ingredients:
6 salmon fillets
2½ cups pineapple juice
1¼ cups soy sauce
½ cup fresh root ginger, grated
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
3 limes, zest and juice
Put all the ingredients except the salmon in a pan and bring to the boil. Allow it to simmer gently for 10 minutes and then set aside to cool.
Once it has cooled down pour half of the sauce over the salmon and leave it to marinade in the fridge for approximately 12 hours. Keep the rest in a plastic container until you are ready to cook the fish.To prepare:
Lightly oil a large sauté pan big enough to take all the fish and fry skin-side down then turn it over; cooking until it is pretty dark in color. Take it out of the pan and put it in a low oven to keep warm.
Add the rest of the sauce to the sauté pan and reduce it by half until its dark and syrupy. Pour over the salmon and serve.
Serves 6
_________________
George’s notes:
• You can use this marinade just as successfully with pork chops or pork tenderloins for an equally quick and tasty supper.
I'm not much of a salmon fan, even though I know it's good for me- but I love teriyaki. The salmon looks crusty and perfect. Easy too- promise to give this a try.
ReplyDeleteHi a nice blog.First time here.Mine is an indian food blog with vegetarian recipes.Check it out!
ReplyDeleteMy dad fished for salmon often so I grew up on teriyaki salmon steaks as a kid, so good. Its funny that this was just a big discussion between myself & some friends this week
ReplyDeleteThe marinade sounds fanatastic - I love the pineapple juice.
ReplyDeleteWe try to eat salmon at least twice a month so I know this marinade will be perfect. I want to see your kitchen. Stay tuned for my Kitchen Reveal post. Hope you will participate.
ReplyDeleteI am loving the orange brown look. It looks glazed and I can imagine eating this happily with some green beans and wild rice. Thank you George for sharing this recipe. Its great to know how to make Teriyaki too...
ReplyDeleteLove the addition of pineapple juice.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful salmon.
I have not mastered eating salmon but, I am working on it. However, I do love teriyaki and this marinande would be reallly good on all sorts of meats. Your recipes are just fabulous!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful recipe for my favorite fish. Perfection and I'm very, very hungry right now.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous salmon. I am a big fan of salmon and try to eat it frequently. This looks like a great way to prepare it.
ReplyDeleteI love salmon. I'm seeing that you are using pineapple juice. That must had such a great sweetness to the salmon.
ReplyDeleteOh you simmer it first! I was wondering how you stopped the pineapple juice from melting the fish. Yum!
ReplyDelete